I stumbled upon my notes from last year when I started a Bible reading plan which I had not been able to follow. Since I’m now in the book of Numbers for my Bible reading challenge, I want to share what I learned from then.
- God is holy
Confession and Restitution
- God requires to confess committed sins and face the consequences of every action
A Test For Adultery
- God is sovereign, even if a woman commits adultery in secret, God can expose it so the sin will not go unpunished
The Nazirite Vow
- An Israelite has the free will to become holy for the Lord
- God blessed the people of Israel thru Aaron
- We should strive holiness because our God is holy
- We sin, in order to be freed from it, we should confess our sins to God and ask Him to help us face the consequences of our sins. Confession to fellow believers brings accountability
- All sins are known to God no matter how we keep it in private. But we cannot hide to God, He ca reveal our wrongdoings even those that we are not aware of. God do this not to humiliate us but to discipline us.
- God is so understanding of our capabilities, respecting our free will
- God uses people to bless other people. It is up to us whether we want to be His instrument
God, You are holy and all-knowing. Please help me achieve the holiness that will bring You glory and honor. Please Lord, help me confess all my sins to You and never allow me to fool myself by trying to hide them from You. Override my will so that I’ll always choose Your will to be my will. Use me to bless others. In Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
Date: Feb 25, 2016
Soli Deo Gloria!